Spain’s Carlos Alcaraz pulled out of the Davis Cup finals group stage on Saturday after his US Open semifinal defeat by Daniil Medvedev.
Veteran Albert Ramos will replace the 20-year-old World No. 1 for the matches in Valencia between September 12-17, said the Spanish tennis federation in a statement.
Alcaraz had been set to lead Spain and clash with rival Novak Djokovic, named in Serbia’s team, whom he beat in a thrilling Wimbledon final in July.
Spain will also face the Czech Republic and South Korea in the group stage, aiming to qualify for the last eight, played between November 21-26 in Malaga. The top two will progress.
- Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: SL 117/3 (25.5 overs) Mendis falls to Shoriful after fifty
- SA vs AUS Live Score, 2nd ODI: South Africa looks to make the series level against Australia
- Alcaraz pulls out of Davis Cup after US Open defeat
- Babar Azam: Matter of pride to have this fast-bowling unit
- US targets bronze after Basketball World Cup ‘heartbreak’