Rajasthan Royals recorded its first win in 14 years against Chennai Super Kings at the M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, despite a massive M.S. Dhoni scare during a three-run triumph on Wednesday.
Leading in his 200th IPL game as CSK captain, Dhoni had a sizeable task with his team requiring 21 runs in the last over. Sandeep Sharma lightened the load with a couple of wides before Dhoni carted him for two sixes. The seamer, however, landed his last three balls in the blockhole as Royals succeeded in defending 175 on a two-paced strip.
Sandeep had jolted CSK early in its chase when he dismissed an in-form Ruturaj Gaikwad in the third over. However, Ajinkya Rahane and Devon Conway staged a recovery, lifting CSK past 50 as visiting captain Sanju Samson was forced to shuffle through six bowlers by the seventh over.
READ THE FULL MATCH REPORT HERE
- Siddarth Kaul: Winning white-ball trophy but missing out in red-ball cricket doesn’t discredit the players’ skills
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- I-League: Sreenidi Deccan takes on Mohammedan Sporting Club in potential title decider
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer