India’s four-member Judo team will be participating in the upcoming Asian Games which is set to begin from September 23 to October 8 in Hangzhou, China.
The sport has been in the Asiads since 1986, and India has won five medals so far in this event.
Sandeep Byala (men’s 65kg), Cawas Billimoria (men’s 95 kg), Shyam Singh Gurjar (95+ kg), and Bannu Singh (men’s open weight) won bronze medals in the 1986 Asian Games while Poonam Chopra (women’s 56 kg) finished third in the 1994 Asiads.
The Asian Games 2022 was originally scheduled for September 2022 but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic around the host city of Hangzhou and China’s zero-tolerance policy at the time.
India Judo Squad
- Ronaldo finds the net as Al Nassr cruises to 3-1 win against Al Wehda in Saudi Pro League
- Al Wehda vs Al Nassr highlights, WEH 1-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo, Alamri, Telles goals guide Nassr to win
- ATP Finals 2023: From Djokovic to Alcaraz, meet the eight finalists
- Ghana striker Raphael Dwamena dies at 28 after suffering a cardiac arrest mid-game
- IND vs NED, World Cup 2023: The sounds of watching Shubman Gill bat