Avinash Sable clinched the gold medal in men’s 3000m Steeplechase to win India’s 12th gold medal at the Asian Games on Sunday.
Moments later, Tajinderpal Singh Toor secured another gold medal for India to take the total tally to 45 medals. Athletics added more medals for India with Jyothi Yarraji, Ajay Kumar Saroj, Harmilan Bains and Murali Sreeshankar winning silver.
Seema Punia, Nandini Agasara and Jinson Johnson added three bronze medals to the tally too.
Aditi Ashok had started the count for the day when she won a silver in women’s individual golf.
The women’s trap team of Rajeshwari Kumari, Preeti Rajak and Manisha Keer then added another silver medal. This was India’s 20th medal from shooting at the Hangzhou Games.
But the first gold today came from the men’s trap team of Zoravar Singh Sandhu, Kynan Darius Chenai and Prithviraj Tondaiman. Chenai went on to add a bronze in the individual final.
Nikhat Zareen, a favourite to grab the gold medal, lost in the semifinal to settle for a bronze.
The day ended for India with its men’s badminton team going 2-3 against China in the final, and settling for a silver.
Here are the medal standings:
|1||People's Republic of China||133||72||39||244|
|2||Republic of Korea||30||35||60||125|
|8||Hong Kong (China)||6||15||20||41|
(Last updates at 2200 IST on October 1)
- The drama of Maxwell’s 201: Prevents hat-trick, survives LBW scare, dropped chance on way to one of ODI World Cup’s greatest centuries
- Manchester United midfielder Casemiro unlikely to play before Christmas after hamstring injury
- AC Milan scores its first goals in UCL group to beat PSG 2-1; Porto beats Antwerp
- Griezmann and Morata lead Atletico rout of Celtic; Immobile leads Lazio to 1-0 win
- Haaland brace helps City beat Young Boys; Leipzig joins City in knockouts