H.S. Prannoy’s good run, at the All England Championship, saw him jump four places, and regain his world no. 12 spot, while men’s doubles combo of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty broke into the top 20, in the latest BWF ranking, on Thursday.
After recovering from foot warts, Prannoy produced some sensational badminton to reach his maiden quarterfinals of the All England Championship, while Satwik and Chirag were on the cusp of entering the last eight, before a few service errors saw them lose to London Olympics silver-medallist pair of Mathias Boe and Carsten Mogensen.
READ: Thomas and Uber Cup: India placed in Group A
Their pre-quarterfinal finish, at Birmingham, helped Satwik and Chirag improve a place. Meanwhile, top shuttler Kidambi Srikanth (ranked 2nd) narrowed his gap with world no. 1, Viktor Axelsen, after a pre-quarterfinal finish at Birmingham. The Danish star had pulled out of All England due to an injury.
P.V. Sindhu, who reached the semifinals at Birmingham, and Saina Nehwal, who lost in opening round, were also static at the third and 12th spot, respectively.
However, a first-round exit, at All England, cost Sai Praneeth dearly, as he slipped to the 15th spot. Pranaav Jerry Chopra and N. Sikki Reddy too improved to 24th place.
Latest on Sportstar
- UFC 289 LIVE, Nunes vs Aldana bantamweight title bout: Full fight cards, results, streaming info
- Swiatek vs Muchova HIGHLIGHTS, French Open 2023 women’s final: Iga wins 6-2, 5-7, 6-4; defends title
- Swiatek wins third French Open title, beats Muchova in a thriller
- French Open finalist Ruud hopes Grand Slam dreams gain lift-off
- Djokovic in perfect place after crashing Alcaraz’s party