Double Olympic medallist P V Sindhu stormed into the women's singles second round at the Swiss Open with a straight-games win over Denmark's Line Hojmark Kjaersfeldt.
Sindhu, also a former world champion, won her opening round match 21-14, 21-12 late on Wednesday.
Also progressing was the women's doubles pair of Ashwini Ponnappa and N Sikki Reddy, who got the better of local pair Aline Muller and Jenjira Stadelmann 21-15, 21-16 in straight games.
The men's doubles duo of MR Arjun and Dhruv Kapila lost in the opening round of the ongoing Super 300 tournament to Indonesian pair of Fajar Alfian and Muhammad Rian Ardianto 19-21, 13-21.
Rio Olympics silver medallist Sindhu will face Neslihan Yigit of Turkey in the second round later on Thursday.
The likes of London Games bronze medallist Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth, too, entered the second rounds of their respective women's and men's singles events.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 4: India targets early wickets at Oval; Australia leads by 296
- East Bengal signs India international Nandhakumar Sekar on a three-year deal
- French Open women’s singles final: Swiatek vs Muchova - Battle of the opposites
- WTC Final: What is the highest Test score successfully chased and highest fourth-innings total at the Oval?
- Chennaiyin FC part ways with head coach Thomas Brdaric