Boston Celtics star forward Jayson Tatum is out for Boston’s game against the San Antonio Spurs on Sunday with a left hip contusion.
The 25-year-old MVP candidate is averaging a team-leading 30.1 points per game, 8.9 rebounds and 4.7 assists. It is just the sixth game he has missed this season.
In a 120-95 victory over Indiana on Friday, Tatum posted his 40th game of 30 or more points this season, setting a franchise record. He passed Hall of Famer Larry Bird, who had 39 30-point games during the 1987-88 season.
Boston entered its matchup against the Spurs two games behind idle Milwaukee for the Eastern Conference’s best record. The Celtics are two games up on idle third-place Philadelphia.
- Shooter Anish Bhanwala wins bronze and India’s 12th Paris Olympics quota place
- What’s so funny about tennis
- Liverpool fought for Diaz, Klopp says, after Colombian’s father kidnapped
- Ajax slumps to bottom of Eredivisie after PSV thumping
- NBA 2023-24: Stephen Curry heats up late as Warriors beats Rockets 106-95