Boston Celtics star forward Jayson Tatum is out for Boston’s game against the San Antonio Spurs on Sunday with a left hip contusion.
The 25-year-old MVP candidate is averaging a team-leading 30.1 points per game, 8.9 rebounds and 4.7 assists. It is just the sixth game he has missed this season.
In a 120-95 victory over Indiana on Friday, Tatum posted his 40th game of 30 or more points this season, setting a franchise record. He passed Hall of Famer Larry Bird, who had 39 30-point games during the 1987-88 season.
Boston entered its matchup against the Spurs two games behind idle Milwaukee for the Eastern Conference’s best record. The Celtics are two games up on idle third-place Philadelphia.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 2: MIA 51-57 DEN; Denver ahead at half-time - NBA Finals updates
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 2?
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best