Nihal Sarin and Anish Giri were locked 2-2 in their eight-game semifinal clash of the $500,000 Chess.com Global Championship Finals on Friday.
After Anish won the first rapid game with white pieces, Nihal bounced right back to return the favour and made it 1-1. The next two games ended with honours even.
Following the second set of four games, the first player to reach 4.5 points will advance to the final. In case of a 4-4 deadlock, an Armageddon game will decide the winner.
In the other semifinal, Hikaru Nakamura and Wesley So drew all four rapid games.
- Neeraj Chopra Diamond League finals LIVE updates: Neeraj to begin title defence; streaming info
- Video - Davis Cup Day 1: Nagal saves India blushes; Mukund retires from opening singles match
- Al Raed vs Al Nassr Highlights: ALR 1-3 NAS, Cristiano Ronaldo scores twice after Mane, Talisca in Saudi Pro League
- Cristiano Ronaldo scores again as Al Nassr beat Al Raed 3-1 in Saudi Pro League
- Neeraj Chopra, Diamond League Finals: Preview, 2023 results, start list, when and where to watch?