The Indian team has arrived in Kolkata for the second Test against Bangladesh. The historic first-ever day-night Test match in India will be played at the Eden Gardens from November 22 to 26.
The BCCI on Tuesday tweeted a video of the players exiting the team bus. India had won the first Test inside three days and used the extra two days in hand for practicing with the pink ball at the Holkar Stadium in Indore.
It was earlier reported that the coaches of the two teams, Ravi Shastri and Russell Domingo , are likely to visit Eden Gardens after landing in the city.
“The coaches can go. They are scheduled to head to the Eden directly from the airport,” said local India team manager Samrat Bhowmick told IANS.
Skipper Virat Kohli and vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane touched down at around 9.40 a.m. before the rest of the players and headed straight to the team hotel. The Bangladesh team members also reached the city on Tuesday.
The Bangladesh team has also flown into the city for its first-ever pink-ball Test. Just like the Indian team, the visitor also made use of the extra time Indore by hitting the nets with the pink ball. Spinner Mehidy Hasan Miraz said the spinners dipped the ball in water to see how fast it can skid as the dew at Eden Gardens can spoil Bangladesh's plans.
Kolkata has turned itself into a pink city in the wake of hosting this much-anticipated Test. A giant pink balloon has been hoisted at the venue and will remain there till the end of the match.
That's not all. Here's how Eden Gardens is gearing up for maiden pink ball match
(with inputs from IANS)
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: Qatar unveils family of desert rodents as mascots for premier tournament in Asia
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE Streaming Info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch HFC vs MBSG, predicted lineups, preview and more
- IPL 2024 Auction: Full list of registered capped Indian players, base price
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronald’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr Highlights, HIL 3-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Savic, Mitrovic scores, Ronaldo’s goal ruled off side