- June 30, 2023 17:40Stumps Day 3
North Zone have ensured a semi-final berth with a first innings lead against North East. They elected to not ensure the follow on and batted again to score 259/6, with half centuries for Ankit Kumar and Jayant Yadav. The team are seven wickets away from an outright win and will look to finish the job early on Day 4.
Central Zone slumped from 124/0 to 239 all out on Day 3, setting a target of 300 for East Zone. But Saurabh Kumar’s four-fer has ensured that Central are in the driving seat, restricting East to 69/6, needing just four more wickets for a win. East need 231 runs for an improbable win. Join us for all the action on day 4 tomorrow.
- June 30, 2023 17:28East Zone 69/6 in 28.1 overs
WICKET!! Consecutive ducks for Kumar Kushagra as Shivam Mavi traps him lbw. Stumps has been called. Central Zone 4 wickets away from a win.
Kumar Kushagra 0(8) lbw Shivam Mavi
- June 30, 2023 17:14East Zone 62/5 in 25.3 overs
WICKET!! Fourth wicket for Saurabh Kumar as opener Shantanu Mishra nicks one to Upendra Yadav. EZ have lost half their men in quick time.
Shantanu Mishra 18(83) ct Upendra Yadav b Saurabh Kumar
- June 30, 2023 17:07Day 3: Stumps called at the Chinnaswamy
North East Zone - 58/3 in 18 overs. Need 608 runs to win.
Nilesh Lamichaney 5 off 20, Palzor 13 off 26
Harshit Rana 1/19, Baltej Singh 1/11
- June 30, 2023 17:05East Zone 61/4 in 23.2 overs
WICKET!! Third wicket for Saurabh Kumar as Shahbaz Ahmed is adjudged caught-behind. Another dismissal where the batter isn’t pleased with umpire Mohit Krishnadas’ decision.
Shahbaz 18(18) ct Upendra Yadav b Saurabh Kumar
- June 30, 2023 16:46North East Zone 44/3 in 11.5 overs
WICKET!! North East lose their third. Langlonyamba is found short of his crease. North East need 622 to win.
Langlonyamba M 13(19) Run Out P S Chopra
- June 30, 2023 16:31WEast Zone 36/3 in 15.5 overs
WICKET!! Anustup Majumdar is displeased after being adjudged lbw while charging down the track. He has a word with the umpires before walking back. Saurabh Kumar gets his second wicket. East Zone need 264 runs to win.
Anustup Majumdar 13(24) lbw Saurabh Kumar
- June 30, 2023 16:28North East Zone 23/2 in 7.5 overs
WICKET!! One brings two as Lyndoh is caught by Prabhsimran off Harshit Rana. North East trail by 639.
Kishan Lyndoh 14(20) ct Prabhsimran Singh b Harshit Rana
- June 30, 2023 16:21North East Zone 17/1 in 6.2 overs
WICKET!! The first wickets falls! Thankhuma holes out to Nishant Sindhu. Baltej Singh with the wicket.
Thankhuma 7(23) ct Nishant Sindhu b Baltej Singh
- June 30, 2023 16:03Easwaran with a forlorn walk back to the pavillion after falling for 11
- June 30, 2023 15:53East Zone 19/2 in 8.3 overs
WICKET!! Sudip Gharami falls for a seven-ball duck as Avesh Khan finds a thick outside-edge to Vivek Singh at first slip. EZ in trouble.
Sudip Kumar Gharami 0(7) ct Vivek Singh b Avesh Khan
- June 30, 2023 15:41East Zone 18/1 in 5.4 overs
WICKET!! Not a happy outing for Abhimanyu Easwaran once again as Saurabh Kumar picks up a wicket in his first over for the second time in the match.
A R Easwaran 11(16) b Saurabh Kumar
- June 30, 2023 15:38WNorth Zone 259/6 in 55.1 overs
WICKET!! North East finally breaks the partnership, Ankit is stumped off Kishan Singha for 70. And with that North Zone have declared.
Ankit Kumar 70(101) st P Prafullomani b Kishan Singha
- June 30, 2023 15:18East Zone 5/0 in 1 over
Shantanu Mishra and Abhimanyu Easwaran walk out to open the batting for East Zone. They will be confident of chasing down the 300-run target with four sessions remaining in the match, but the surface is not at its best for batting. Should be a close contest.
- June 30, 2023 15:11North Zone 252/5 in 53.5 overs
Skipper Jayant Yadav brings up his half century of 73 balls. North Zone lead by 662 runs. Tea break taken. Will they declare?
- June 30, 2023 14:54BCentral Zone 239/10 in 87.5 overs
WICKET!! East Zone bowls out Central Zone for 239 with Riyan Parag picking up the last wicket. EZ has been set a 300-run target on a pitch that is still pretty good to bat on. Ishan Porel was superb with the ball today, finishing with figures of 12-4-15-3.
Y R Thakur 1(6) b Riyan Parag
- June 30, 2023 14:40BCentral Zone 231/9 in 85.3 overs
WICKET!! Avesh Khan falls on 16 as Shahbaz Nadeem cleans him up with a ball that keeps extremely low. Don’t think the East Zone batters will be too happy seeing that.
Avesh Khan 16(18) b Shahbaz Nadeem
- June 30, 2023 14:39North Zone 194/5 in 43.5 overs
The lead crosses 600 as Ankit Kumar gets to his half-century. Captain Jayant Yadav has managed a 50-run partnership with him for the seventh wicket.
- June 30, 2023 14:14Central Zone 201/8 in 77.3 overs
WICKET!! The captain Mavi has to go back to the pavillion. Shahbaz picks his third wicket. Avesh Khan joins Saransh at the crease
Shivam Mavi 5(28) ct Anustup Majumdar b Shahbaz
- June 30, 2023 14:04Ishan Porel’s 2 in 2 dents Central Zone
- June 30, 2023 13:51North Zone 146/5 in 29.5 overs
WICKET!! Imliwati gets his second wicket in two overs as Nishant Sindhu finds the substitute fielder.
Nishant Sindhu 3(5) ct Akash Kumar (Sub) b Imliwati
- June 30, 2023 13:41BNorth Zone 140/4 in 27.1 overs
WICKET!! Prabhsimran departs after his half-century. Bowled by Imliwati. North Zone lead by 547 runs.
Prabhsimran Singh 59(69) b Imliwati
- June 30, 2023 13:32Central Zone 184/7 in 69.4 overs
WICKET!! Central Zone is falling apart now. Shahbaz Ahmed traps Shubham Sharma on 23 as three wickets fall in the space of eight balls.
Shubham Sharma 23(56) lbw Shahbaz
- June 30, 2023 13:31North Zone 126/3 in 50 overs
50 up for Prabhsimran in the second innings to go with his 31 in the first. North Zone lead by 532 runs.
- June 30, 2023 13:28Central Zone 182/6 in 68.3 overs
WICKET!! Ishan Porel on a hat-trick! He pins Upendra Yadav lbw and follows up with a shorter delivery to hit Saurabh Kumar high on the pads for another leg-before.
Saurabh Kumar 0(1) lbw Ishan Porel
- June 30, 2023 13:24Central Zone 182/5 in 68.2 overs
WICKET!! Porel gets his second wicket of the day as Yadav is given LBW by the umpire.
Upendra Yadav 7(24) lbw Ishan Porel
- June 30, 2023 13:20North Zone 106/3 in 20.5 overs
WICKET!! Ankit Kalsi departs for 49. Trapped in front by Kishan Singha. None of the North Zone batters able to score big at the moment.
A R Kalsi 49(51) lbw Kishan Singha
- June 30, 2023 13:10North Zone 101/2 in 19 overs
A R Kalsi 48* (44), Prabhsimran 32* (42)
Jotin Pheiroijam 2/44
- June 30, 2023 12:52WCentral Zone 164/4 in 60.5 overs
WICKET!! Rinku Singh falls soon after the break as Riyan Parag finds the inside-edge. Sharp catch by Shantanu Mishra at short-leg as CZ loses its fourth wicket. Upendra Yadav joins Shubham Sharma. Central Zone lead by 224 runs.
Rinku Singh 6(8) ct Shantanu Mishra b Riyan Parag
- June 30, 2023 12:46Session 2 underway
Long day coming up for North East. Best they can hope for is to keep the runs down and minimise the damage.
- Ashwin Achal from Bengaluru
- June 30, 2023 12:13Lunch on Day 3
Central lost Kunal Chandela just at the stroke of lunch in an otherwise productive session. The lead has crossed 217 and they will look to extend it post lunch. Vivek Singh and Himanshu Mantri contributed to the cause with a half-century each.
In the other match, North Zone came out to bat again despite bundling out North East for 134. Chopra and Shorey were dismissed early but Kalsi and Prabhsimran have put on 34 for the fourth wicket. North have already been guaranteed a place in the semis courtesy their first innings lead.
Stay Tuned for the second session.
- June 30, 2023 12:01WCentral Zone 157/3 in 59.2 overs
WICKET!! Kunal Chandela falls to Shahbaz Ahmed’s straighter one. Drops back into the crease and is trapped plumb in front as the ball keeps low.
Kunal Chandela 14(59) lbw Shahbaz
- June 30, 2023 11:53Kunal Chandela in action for Central Zone
- June 30, 2023 11:34BNorth Zone 23/2 in 5.1 overs
WICKET!! Jotin gets first innings centurion Dhruv Shorey with the ball of the match. Pitches on middle leg, moves away and hits off. Shorey stunned. Unreal delivery.
Dhruv Shorey 11(16) b Jotin Pheiroijam
- June 30, 2023 11:28WCentral Zone 138/2 in 49.5 overs
WICKET!! Himanshu Mantri perishes after poking hard and offering an inside-edge catch to leg-slip. Shahbaz Nadeem dismisses the Central Zone opener for a well-compiled 68.
Himanshu Mantri 68(153) ct Riyan Parag b Shahbaz Nadeem
- June 30, 2023 11:27WNorth Zone 18/1 in 3.5 overs
WICKET!! Chopra goes early after holing out to skipper Jonathan. Jotin with the wicket.
P S Chopra 8(11) ct R Jonathan b Jotin Pheiroijam
- June 30, 2023 11:10Surprise Suprise!!
With the match in the bag, North not keen on enforcing the follow on. So this gives North batters a chance to score some big knocks and get the attention of the selectors.
An outright win is redundant at this stage, as North is already gauranteed a semis spot
- Ashwin Achal from Bengaluru
- June 30, 2023 11:04North East 134 all out vs North Zone
Nilesh Lamichaney 44(77), P Prafullomani 19(25)
Siddharth Kaul 3/16, Pulkit Narang 3/27
- June 30, 2023 11:02BNorth East Zone 134/10 in 39.2 overs
WICKET!! There goes the final wicket and brings the innings to a close. North East still trail by 406 runs. Will see the openers out soon. Dippu the last man to go, bowled by Narang.
Dippu 4(2) b Pulkit Narang
- June 30, 2023 10:58Himanshu Mantri in action on day 3. The opening batter is currently 61* in 135 balls.
- June 30, 2023 10:49BNorth East Zone 126/9 in 38 overs
WICKET!! Narang gets his second wicket as he clean bowls Singha. North East trail by 414 runs and look to set to bat again in this session.
Kishan Singha 7(15) b Pulkit Narang
- June 30, 2023 10:44BCentral Zone 124/1 in 40.1 overs
WICKET!! Ishan Porel finally manages to find the breakthrough as he dismisses Vivek Singh for 56, ending a 124-run stand for the Central Zone’s opening wicket. Good knock from the Central Zone opening batter.
Vivek Singh 56(120) b Ishan Porel
- June 30, 2023 10:36North East Zone 111/8 in 33.5 overs
WICKET!! A hint of a partnership developing but that has also been extinguished. Prafullomani holes out to Dhruv Shorey. Pulkit Narang with his first wicket of the match.
Prafullomani 19(25) ct Dhruv Shorey b Pulkit Narang
- June 30, 2023 10:21Central Zone 102/0 in 35.1 overs
Century Partnership!! The openers doing their job in brilliant fashion for the Central Zone team. Mantri and Vivek have taken the lead past 168 runs. Mantri also brings up his half-century.
Unless there is a dramatic twist looks like East Zone will have their task cut out in the fourth innings chase.
- June 30, 2023 10:15The calmness when you know your openers are doing the job
- June 30, 2023 10:14WNorth East Zone 90/7 in 28 overs
WICKET!! Jotin goes without troubling the scores. Another batter trapped in front of the stumps. Sid Kaul with the wicket this time.
Jotin Pheiroijam 0(6) lbw Siddharth Kaul
- June 30, 2023 10:09WNorth East Zone 89/6 in 26.4 overs
WICKET!! Captain Yadav joins the wicket-taking party as he traps Palzor in front. North East six down now.
Palzor 8(17) lbw J J Yadav
- June 30, 2023 09:59BNorth East Zone 82/5 in 25.3 overs
WICKET!! The set Lamichaney departs. Siddharth Kaul gets his second wicket of the innings.
Nilesh Lamichaney 44(77) b Siddharth Kaul
- June 30, 2023 09:58Central Zone 69/0 in 31 overs
Himanshu Mantri and Vivek Singh negotiate the first 30 minutes easily. EZ captain Abhimanyu Easwaran is still hesitant to use Shahbaz Nadeem against the two left-handers.
- Lalith Kalidas from Alur
Himanshu Mantri - 27* (96)
Vivek Singh -35* (93)
- June 30, 2023 09:41RONorth East Zone 69/4 in 22 overs
WICKET!! Barely ten minutes into the day’s play and Langlonyamba is run out. North East in dire straits now. Palzor joins Lamichaney at the crease.
Langlonyamba M 2(17) Run Out Baltej Singh
- June 30, 2023 09:34Day 3 underway
Nilesh Lamichaney and Langlonyamba Keishangbam are at the crease looking to get as close as possible to the mammoth score put up by North Zone in its first innings. Jayant Yadav opens the bowling on day 3.
Himanshu Mantri and Vivek Singh continue their excellent opening partnership for Central Zone. The lead has already crossed 120 and the team will be looking to bat the opposition out of contention. Riyan Parag completes the remaining deliveries in his over.
- June 30, 2023 09:21Yesterday’s Star!!
- June 30, 2023 09:13Keeping you busy with some content
- June 30, 2023 09:05Cloudy start to the day at Alur
- June 30, 2023 09:04Scorecard - Day 2: Stumps
Central Zone - 64/0 (25.1), Himanshu Mantri 25(81), Vivek Singh 34(72), lead by 124 runs
North East Zone - 65/3 (20), Langlonyamba Keishangbam 1(12), Nilesh Lamichaney 35(57), Baltej Singh 1/32, Siddharth Kaul 1/3, Rana 1/22; trail by 475 runs
- June 30, 2023 08:58Live Streaming Info
Where can you watch Duleep Trophy 2023?
Duleep Trophy 2023 is not shown live or live-streamed in India. You can follow all the latest updates on Sportstar’s live blogs.
- June 30, 2023 08:53North Zone vs North East Zone, Day 2 report
Nishant Sindhu (150, 245b, 18x4, 3x6) and Harshit Rana (122 n.o., 86b, 12x4, 9x4) piled on the runs to put North Zone in a commanding position against North East Zone on the second day of their Duleep Trophy quarter-final at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium here on Thursday.
Sindhu and Harshit - a study in contrast - took North to a mammoth 540 for eight declared. In reply, a nervy North East moved to 65 for three in a rain-affected final session.
Harshit later came good with the ball, taking out North East captain R. Jonathan leg-before with an in-dipper. Fellow seamers Siddharth Kaul and Baltej Singh took a wicket each to pin North East on the mat.
- Ashwin Achal from Bengaluru
Read the full report here - READ
- June 30, 2023 08:45Central Zone vs East Zone, Day 2 Report
Central Zone served up a fine riposte before rain piled more misery on East Zone on Day 2 of their Duleep Trophy quarter-final at the Alur (I) Cricket Ground in Bengaluru on Thursday.
Bowling with just a 150-run lead at the start of play, Central stunned the opposition batters and folded them for 122 in their first essay. Shivam Mavi’s men picked up eight wickets within the opening session to gain a healthy 60-run advantage.
After a day-and-a-half of poor application from the batters, Central openers Himanshu Mantri (25 batting) and Vivek Singh (34 batting) made amends to play out a session while heavy rain stopped play before Tea. A downpour then forced early stumps as Central held fort on 64 for no loss.
- Lalith Kalidas from Alur
Read the full report here - READ
- June 30, 2023 08:39Stay Tuned!!
Hello and welcome to the live coverage of day 3 of the Duleep Trophy 2023 quarterfinals played between Central Zone and East Zone at Alur (I) Cricket Ground and North Zone vs North East Zone at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru. Stay tuned as we bring you all the updates right from the venue!
- Man United manager Ten Hag remains defiant after suspension
- Ghana striker Raphael Dwamena dies at 28 after suffering a cardiac arrest mid-game
- Premier League: Solanke brace lifts Bournemouth out of relegation zone with win over Newcastle
- Fernandez leads Canada into Billie Jean King Cup final after win over Czechs
- Juventus moves top of Serie A with 2-1 win over Cagliari