Opening batsman Akhil Herwadkar and left-arm spinner Vishal Dabholkar have been added to the Mumbai team for the Ranji Trophy final to be played against Gujarat at Indore’s Holkar Stadium from January 10.
A ligament related ailment had rendered left-hander Herwadkar out of action for seven weeks after the Mumbai-Gujarat league match played in Hubbali. He was cleared fit to play after a fitness test at the BKC on Friday morning. "We have added two more to the squad of 15 that was picked for the semi-final against Tamil Nadu in Rajkot. They (Herwadkar and Dabholkar) are options for the team to look at," said Milind Rege, Chairman of the Mumbai Cricket Association’s senior selection committee.
Aditya Tare (captain and wicket-keeper), Praful Waghela, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Siddhesh Lad, Abhishek Nayar, Shardul Thakur, Balwinder Singh Sandhu, Tushar Deshpande, Royston Dias, Sufiyan Shaikh, (wk), Vijay Gohil, Akshay Girap, Eknath Kerkar, Prithvi Shaw, Akhil Herwadkar and Vishal Dabholkar.
- WPL 2024: Form and captaincy of Mandhana has helped RCB ooze confidence, says Devine
- WPL 2024: Dominant Delhi Capitals hands Gujarat Giants fourth straight loss
- Gujarat Giants’ Sayali Satghare becomes first-ever concussion substitute in WPL history
- Premier League 2023-24: Foden brace helps Man City win Manchester Derby 3-1 over United after dream comeback
- Women’s Super League: Title-chasing Arsenal beats Tottenham 1-0 as Alessia Russo scores