India’s Rohit Sharma overtook New Zealand’s Kane Williamson on Sunday to score the most World Cup runs in a single edition as captain during its CWC 2023 final against Australia at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
FOLLOW BLOG | INDIA VS AUSTRALIA WORLD CUP 2023 FINAL
Rohit, who had 550 runs before this match, went past Williamson with his 29th run to surpass his 578-run tally, which came in the 2019 edition.
Earlier, the 36-year-old crossed Sri Lanka great Kumar Sangakkara in the list of most runs in ODI World Cups.
Rohit got out on 47 to end his campaign with bat with 597 runs.
Most runs by a captain in a single World Cup edition
- India vs Australia Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Final: IND 182/5 (38) vs AUS; Rahul, Surya at crease after Jadeja falls cheaply
- IND vs AUS World Cup 2023 Final Live Reactions: Jadeja falls; how much will India score today?
- Rahul scores slowest World Cup 2023 fifty during the IND vs AUS final
- IND vs AUS Live scorecard, World Cup 2023 Final: Hazlewood dismisses Jadeja; India five-down vs Australia
- IND vs AUS: Virat Kohli overtakes Ricky Ponting for most runs in ICC World Cups, goes 2nd behind Sachin Tendulkar