Shreyas Iyer and Mohammed Siraj marked India’s presence in ICC’s ODI Team of the Year for 2022, which was announced on Tuesday.
Iyer was one of India’s most consistent batters in the 50-over format. Slotting in at No.4, the right-handed batter played 17 games last calendar year and scored 724 runs at an average of 55.69 and strike-rate of 91.52.
In the absence of senior pacers like Jasprit Bumrah, Siraj has stepped to take up the mantle of Indian fast bowling.
Siraj, who delivered consistently with the new and old ball, played 15 matches and grabbibg 24 wickets at an average of 23.50, with best figures of 3/29.
Pakistan skipper Babar Azam was picked as the captain of the side, after he once again dominated the 50-over format.
The 28-year-old right-hander finished the year with 679 runs at a stunning average of 84.87.
West Indies, New Zealand and Australia are the other teams with two representation in ICC’s team. While Tom Latham and Trent Boult made it for the Black Caps, Travis Head and Adam Zampa form the Aussie contigent. Shai Hope and Alzarri Joseph are the Carribean representatives in ICC’s selected 11.
Sikander Raza’s glorious 2022 was rewarded with a spot in the side, while Mehidy Hasan Miraz was the sole representative from Bangladesh.
2022 ICC MEN”S ODI TEAM OF THE YEAR
- Babar Azam (C)
- Travis Head
- Shai Hope
- Shreyas Iyer
- Tom Latham
- Sikandar Raza
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz
- Alzarri Joseph
- Mohammed Siraj
- Trent Boult
- Adam Zampa
Latest on Sportstar
- Spanish Grand Prix, Formula 1 Live updates: Verstappen leads Hamilton; Perez catching up with Russell
- Bangladesh calls up uncapped duo for Afghanistan Test
- French Open pair Kato, Sutjiadi disqualified after ballgirl hit
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder stakes claim to be best signing of Guardiola era
- Formula 1: Haas principal Steiner reprimanded over ‘laymen’ remark