India’s middle order batter Shreyas Iyer will miss the Super 4 game against Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup 2023 after being adviced rest to fully recover from back spasm.
Iyer also missed the game against Pakistan on Sunday after he suffered the spasm while warming up. KL Rahul was the last-minute replacement of Iyer in the playing eleven.
“Shreyas Iyer is feeling better but is yet to fully recover from back spasm.” “He has been advised rest by the BCCI Medical Team and has not travelled with the team to the stadium today for India’s Super 4 match against Sri Lanka,” the BCCI said in a statement.
The 28-year-old made his comeback into the Indian squad in this Asia Cup after six months following a back surgery.
- Al Wehda vs Al Nassr LIVE score, WEH 0-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: VAR cancels Talisca goal; Ronaldo, Alamri, Telles strikes keep Nassr ahead
- ATP Finals 2023: From Djokovic to Alcaraz, meet the eight finalists
- Ghana striker Raphael Dwamena dies at 28 after suffering a cardiac arrest mid-game
- IND vs NED, World Cup 2023: The sounds of watching Shubman Gill bat
- Billie Jean King Cup 2023: Italy overcomes spirited Slovenia to reach final