The two-day IPL 2022 mega auction concluded in Bengaluru on Sunday. RCB purchased 19 players for a sum of INR 55.45 crore.
The costliest purchases were: Harshal Patel (INR 10.75 crore), Wanindu Hasaranga (INR 10.75 crore), Josh Hazlewood (INR 7.75 crore), and Faf du Plessis (INR 7 crore).
Some of the other prominent purchases were: Dinesh Karthik (INR 5.50 crore), Anuj Rawat (INR 3.40 crore), Shahbaz Ahmed (INR 2.4 crore), Sherfane Rutherford (INR 1 crore), and David Willey (INR 2 crore).
Here’s the complete squad of the Royal Challengers Bangalore after the IPL 2022 auction in Bengaluru on February 13.
Commenting on the purchases made by the club in the auction, head coach, RCB, said, “We are quite satisfied with our haul at the auctions to form a balanced team. Our plan was to bring stability and at the same time, have variations owing to the changing situations in a T20 tournament. We aimed to have a solid role for each player that we pick along with some back-ups in the same form. We have achieved a well-rounded pool of talents from international and domestic cricket.”
Mike Hesson, Director of Cricket Operations, RCB said, “We are very happy with the way our squad is shaped with the new inclusions around the retained talents. It is a really balanced team of overseas and domestic players. We have managed to cover all our bases with multi-dimensional skill sets and that was the key to our strategy getting into the auctions.”
- EURO 2024 Draw LIVE Updates: England, Germany and France in pot 1, groups, pots, streaming info
- EURO 2024 draw: All you need to know about European Championship draw, pots, live streaming info
- Euro 2024: UEFA sets $360 million prize fund for 24 national teams from revenue of $2.6 billion
- U Mumba 34-31 UP Yoddhas Highlights, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Zafardanesh, defence seal win for Mumba in close match
- PKL 2023, Tamil Thalaivas vs Dabang Delhi KC, Gujarat Giants vs Bengaluru Bulls: When, where to watch, H2H records