Chennai Super Kings seamer Mukesh Choudhary has been ruled out of the IPL 2023 season ahead of its tournament opener against Gujarat Titans on Saturday.
CSK is yet to name a replacement. Choudhary is understood be recovering from a back injury at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru.
The left-arm pacer from Maharashtra was bought by CSK for INR 20 lakh during the IPL 2022 mega auctions last year. Choudhary was one of the team’s lead bowlers during a disappointing campaign where it finished ninth on the points table.
The 26-year-old picked up 16 wickets from 13 matches, including a best of 4/46 at an economy of 9.32. Choudhary, however, has not played a competive game since the Vijay Hazare Trophy final for Maharashtra against Saurashtra on December 2, 2022.
CSK had earlier lost all-rounder Kyle Jamieson to injury. South Africa all-rounder Sisanda Magala was roped in to replace him.
- Indian sports news wrap, September 14
- PAK vs SL LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: Rain stops play after Pakistan loses five wickets
- Kane will be ‘an absolute success story’, says Bayern boss Tuchel
- Scotland Women withdraw legal claim against Scottish FA over pay
- Max Verstappen hits back at Mercedes team principal dismissing his Formula One record