Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) all-rounder Andre Russell is among the most destructive batsman in T20 cricket and he would be eager to showcase his power-hitting in the latest edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) in UAE.
In a video posted by the KKR Twitter account, Russell is seen smacking the ball to all corners during a nets session ahead of the match against Mumbai Indians at the Shelkh Zyed Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
At the end of the video, the West Indian strikes the ball hard and low to shatter the protective cover glass for the camera.
Russell had his best season with the bat in the 2019 IPL season, when he scored 510 runs at a whopping strike rate of 204.81. He also hit 31 fours and 52 sixes in total, while chipping in with 11 wickets.
KKR has a 6-19 win-loss record against Mumbai and would look to Russell to lead the side to a win.
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive
- Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo scores milestone goal as Al Nassr edges Al Shabab to keep title race alive
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter
- Serie A 2023-24: Late Rugani goal gives Juventus 3-2 win over Frosinone
- Carabao Cup final, CHE vs LIV: Van Dijk nets extra-time winner as Liverpool beats Chelsea