Two-time Indian Premier League (IPL) champion Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) will take on the 2016 season's winner Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) in match three of the 2021 IPL at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on Sunday.
HEAD-TO-HEAD: (19 MATCHES - KKR 12 | SRH 7)
Kolkata has faced off against Hyderabad 19 times in the IPL since 2013, holding a 12-7 win-loss advantage.
In the last five encounters between the two sides, the Knight Riders hold a slight edge over the Sunrisers, winning three times. KKR won both the games against SRH last season as well.
During match eight of IPL 2020 in Abu Dhabi, Kolkata beat Hyderabad by seven wickets with two overs to spare. Manish Pandey's 38-ball 51 was not enough as Shubman Gill's unbeaten 70 guided the men in purple home in the chase of 143.
During the reverse fixture at the same stadium, the Knight Riders and the Sunrisers played out a super over after both teams were tied at 163 apiece. Lockie Ferguson followed up his brilliant figures of 3/15 in the main game by restricting SRH to just two in the super over, dismissing both David Warner and Abdul Samad. KKR's senior batsmen Eoin Morgan and Dinesh Karthik then saw the team through in the end.
TOP PERFORMERS IN THIS FIXTURE (2013-20):
STARS FROM LAST SEASON (IPL 2020):
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis Highlights, AFC Champions League 2023-24: NAS 0-0 PER, Ronaldo’s 10 man team moves to round of 16 with a draw
- AFC Champions League points table LIVE: Al-Nassr vs Persepolis, Ronaldo’s side leading in Group E, enters round of 16
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023