Mumbai Indians on Saturday crashed out of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 playoffs race after Rajasthan Royals beat Punjab Kings at the Wankhede Stadium.
Mumbai has lost eight out of its 10 matches so far, and has now gone two seasons without winning a title. Its last title win came in 2020 when it beat Delhi Capitals in the final.
Mumbai Indians had a terrible start to the season, having lost its first eight matches in IPL 2022. It was the worst losing streak from the start of a season by a team. Prior to this, Delhi Daredevils (in 2013) and Royal Challengers Bangalore (in 2019) shared the unwanted record, having sunk to six successive losses each.
Although MI has lost eight consecutive games, it is still not the worst losing streak. Pune Warriors India and Delhi Daredevils' (now Capitals) have the longest losing streaks at 11.
Mumbai's next game is against the Kolkata Knight Riders on Monday.
- NBA Roundup: Pacers tops Bucks despite Giannis Antetokounmpo’s 54 points
- ICC World Cup 2023: There can’t be a better script than facing in-form India at home, says Boult
- Ravindra, Matthews claim ICC Player of the Month award for October
- India lifts Women’s Asian Champions Trophy title after thumping win over Japan
- Palestinian football team prepares for World Cup qualifying games against a backdrop of war