Rohit Sharma became the second Indian to complete 10,000 T20 runs during the IPL 2022 match between Mumbai Indians and Punjab Kings.
Rohit reached the milestone in his 375th match (362nd innings) with a six off Kagiso Rabada's bowling. However, he was dismissed off the very next ball as he holed out to Vaibhav Arora at backward square leg.
Rohit is the seventh batter to the mark behind Chris Gayle, Shoaib Malik, Kieron Pollard, Aaron Finch, David Warner and Virat Kohli.
The Mumbai Indians captain leads the six-hitting charts among Indians in the format with 427 sixes to his name. The 34-year-old is third on the all-time list of IPL run-getters with over 5700 runs comprising a century and 40 fifties.
In 2007, Rohit became the first Indian to hit a century in the T20 format in just his second match while playing for Mumbai in the inaugural edition of the domestic Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. The Team India skipper is currently the leading run-getter in men's T20Is with 3313 runs from 125 matches.
Rohit also holds the record for most centuries in T20Is (4) and is also the joint-fastest centurion (35 balls) in the format.
- Ethiopian Yehualaw, Kenya’s Ebenyo to make debuts at Tata Steel Kolkata 25K on December 17
- Glenn Maxwell hopes for a Test recall, sets eyes on Sri Lanka tour
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 7: TN qualifies for quarterfinals; Karnataka stutters in chase vs Mizoram
- Karun Nair hopes for a national comeback after career reset with Vidarbha
- NBA: LeBron James, Lakers relish tourney matchup vs. Suns