Stepping into the Ranji Trophy fold for the first time, Puducherry is going big as far as roping in professional players is concerned. After offering a role to Mumbai stalwart, Abhishek Nayar , the Cricket Association of Puducherry — it has been learnt — is trying to rope in Paras Dogra as its second professional cricketer for the season.
Though it is still not clear whether Nayar has signed up yet, sources have confirmed to Sportstar that the association is ‘in the final stages of talks’ with both Nayar and Dogra.
Dogra has been playing for Himachal Pradesh since 2001 and has been one of the state’s most consistent performers.
While the sources claimed that the agreements could be signed soon, Dogra told Sportstar that nothing has been decided yet. “While playing league cricket in Chennai, I have got some informal offers from Puducherry, but nothing has been finalised yet,” Dogra said.
- AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr enters knockouts with goalless draw against Persepolis
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis Highlights, AFC Champions League 2023-24: NAS 0-0 PER, Ronaldo’s 10 man team moves to round of 16 with a draw
- AFC Champions League points table LIVE: Al-Nassr vs Persepolis, Ronaldo’s side leading in Group E, enters round of 16
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second