Indian captain Rohit Sharma completed 10,000 ODI runs during the Asia Cup 2023 Super Four match against Sri Lanka in Colombo on Tuesday.
Rohit crossed the landmark after reaching 23 with a six during his 241st innings in the format.
The 36-year-old became the sixth Indian batter to cross the landmark and the second-quickest overall after Virat Kohli in terms of innings played.
He is also the third Indian opener to reach the milestone after Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly.
Rohit has amassed 30 ODI centuries and 50 half-centuries while averaging nearly 49 since making his debut against Ireland in Belfast in 2007.
Fastest 8000 runs as opener
Rohit also completed 8000 ODI runs as an opener, shortly after completing his half-century. Rohit became the quickest to the mark in just 160 innings, surpassing Hasim Amla (176 innings).
Fastest batters to 10000 ODI runs (innings)
Virat Kohli (India) - 205 innings
Rohit Sharma (India) - 241 innings
Sachin Tendulkar - 259 innings
Sourav Ganguly - 263 innings
Ricky Ponting - 266 innings
- IND vs NZ Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Toss updates, predicted lineups; Kohli to play record 4th semi
- India vs New Zealand head-to-head record in ODIs ahead of World Cup semifinal: Overall stats, most runs, wickets
- IND vs NZ head-to-head in ODI World Cup: India vs New Zealand WC results and records ahead of semifinal
- IND vs NZ: New Zealand win/loss record in ODI World Cup semifinal, most runs, wickets, stats
- IND vs NZ, ICC World Cup 2023 semifinal: Wankhede Stadium pitch report, conditions, toss factor; stats, records in ODIs