Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte will miss his side’s Premier League home clash against West Ham United on Sunday as he continues to recover from gallbladder surgery.
Conte has remained in Italy following Tottenham’s 1-0 defeat by AC Milan in the Champions League on Tuesday.
“Following a routine post-operation check in Italy yesterday (Wednesday), Antonio Conte will remain at his family home to further and fully recover from his recent gallbladder surgery,” Tottenham said in a statement.
“Health is the most important consideration and everyone at the club wishes him well.”
The 53-year-old missed Tottenham’s 1-0 win over Manchester City 11 days ago after undergoing surgery but had returned to the dugout for last weekend’s Premier League fixture against Leicester City, in which it was hammered 4-1.
Conte, whose assistant Cristian Stellini will again take over responsibility for the first team, said he had underestimated the severity of his surgery.
“My great sense of responsibility towards the club, the players, the staff and the fans brought me to anticipate my comeback on field,” he said on Instagram.
“Sadly I underestimated the procedure, which wasn’t a routine operation, but a sudden and serious emergency.
“My body has suffered my impatience and now I am forced to stop until my entire recovery. Who knows me, understands what a burden this is for me, but it is necessary. Come on you Spurs!”
Conte’s contract expires at the end of June with Tottenham having the option to extend it for another year.
Tottenham is fifth in the Premier League.
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: IND eyes final berth with second win, When and where to watch
- FIFA U-17 World Cup 2023 draw to happen on Sep 15 in Zurich
- India vs Sri Lanka Colombo LIVE weather updates, Asia Cup 2023: Will rain affect IND vs SL match today?
- India vs Sri Lanka Dream11 prediction, Asia Cup 2023 Super Four: Playing XI updates, fantasy team for IND vs SL match today
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Streaming info, Asia Cup 2023: When and where to watch IND vs SL match today?