Corinthians women’s coach Arthur Elias has replaced Pia Sundhage as the Brazil women’s coach. Details of the deal were not disclosed by the Brazilian Football Confederation.
Soon after, Elias announced his first national squad for friendlies in September against rivals who are yet to be announced.
Sundhage was fired last week after Brazil failed to reach the Women’s World Cup knockout stage last month for the first time since 1995.
Local media reported Elias will coach Brazil through the 2024 Paris Olympics and the 2027 Women’s World Cup.
Elias will remain in charge of Corinthians for the remainder of the season. He arrived at the club in 2016 and has won 14 trophies, including national and international accolades.
- World Cup final: Pitch in focus as Rohit and Co. gear up for summit clash against Australia
- Men’s Senior National Hockey championship: Punjab gets walkover, Tamil Nadu thumps Assam 15-1
- Punjab star Jarmanpreet looks to shine at Senior Nationals after securing Paris 2024 spot for Team India
- IND vs AUS, ICC World Cup 2023 final: A fresh chapter of storied clashes awaits with spotlight on India
- Everton point-deduction explained: Why was the Premier League club penalised?