Stuttgart signed Japanese attacking midfielder Genki Haraguchi and Portuguese winger Gil Dias on Monday as it tries to avoid relegation from the Bundesliga.
Haraguchi arrives from German club Union Berlin on a one-and-half-year deal. The 31-year-old Japanese player had been at Union since 2021, playing 19 times this season. He has played 75 games for Japan but was dropped from the squad for last year’s World Cup.
Follow all January deadline day stories here:
- Transfer deadline day: All you need to know about the January 2023 winter window
- Deadline day transfers: Most expensive signings in the January window ever
- Transfer Market Deadline Day: Players expected to sign on January 31
- Premier League Transfer news live: Full list of January 2023 signings
- La Liga winter transfer window: Complete list of ins and outs of players in January 2023
- January transfer window: Biggest winter signings which flopped at their new clubs
- Deadline day transfers: Suarez to Bruno, most impactful signings in the January winter window
The 26-year-old Dias joins from Benfica on a contract through 2025 after making only two substitute appearances in cup games this season. Germany will be the seventh different country where the former Portugal under-21 international has played league football, including spells at Fiorentina, Monaco and Nottingham Forest.
Stuttgart is 15th in the 18-team Bundesliga. The team takes on second-division club Paderborn in the German Cup on Tuesday and hosts Werder Bremen on Saturday in its next league game.
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez