Bayern Munich star Thiago Alcantara said it would be "wonderful" to finish his career at the Bundesliga champion, while he praised on-loan team-mate Philippe Coutinho.
Thiago joined Bayern from Barcelona in 2013 and the Spaniard is out of contract at the end of the 2020-21 season, with head coach Hansi Flick hopeful of re-signing the midfielder.
Since arriving in Munich, Thiago has won six Bundesliga titles among other honours and the 29-year-old is open to retiring in Bavaria.
"That's a difficult question. A lot of things would have to come together," Thiago told Catalan newspaper La Vanguardia when asked if he sees himself finishing at Bayern.
"I would have to remain at my level. Maybe the club will suddenly look for a new player in my position. But it would be wonderful to end my career at this club."
Thiago was also asked about Coutinho, who joined Bayern on a season-long loan from La Liga champion Barca at the start of the 2019-20 campaign, which has been postponed due to coronavirus.
Coutinho has struggled to establish himself at Bayern, having also failed to live up to the hype since swapping Liverpool for Barca in a blockbuster transfer in 2018.
"I know him well, he's very good," Thiago said. "I've seen him play since he was 12 years old. I played against him in Brazil at football sala and I loved him.
"He lacks nothing. I like to play with players at a top level and he's a phenomenon. He's a great guy, really hard working, with unbeatable technique and incredible finishing.
"Players go through good moments and some not so good ones and he brings us a lot. We hope he's here next season too."
- UP-W vs RCB-W live score, WPL 2024: RCB 34/0 (4); Mandhana, Meghana attack early vs UP Warriorz
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24, Semifinal: We lost the match at the toss, says TN coach Kulkarni
- Mumbai set to host Ranji Trophy 2023-24 final after thrashing Tamil Nadu in semifinal
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24, Semifinal: Obstinate Rathod-Wadkar partnership puts Vidarbha in driving seat against MP
- Ranji Trophy: Mumbai beats Tamil Nadu in semis to enter 48th final