Erling Haaland scored for Manchester City against Bayern Munich in the second leg of the Champions League quarterfinal at the Allianz Arena in Munich to become the quickest to 35 UCL goals.
The Norwegian broke the record of Ruud van Nistelrooy, who had reached that tally in 42 games. Haaland reached the tally in just 27 appearances.
Players fastest to 35 Champions League goals:
- Haaland -- 27 games
- Ruud van Nistelrooy -- 42 games
- Kylian Mbappé -- 54 games
- Lionel Messi -- 55 games
- Robert Lewandowski -- 56 games
WATCH: WHERE GOAL MACHINE ERLING HAALAND WAS MADE
Haaland at 22 years and 272 days, also became the the youngest to reach 35 goals. Here, he broke Kylian Mbappe’s record, who was 23 years 260 days old when he scored his 35th UCL goal.
- Erling Haaland - 22y 272d
- Kylian Mbappé - 23y 260d
- Lionel Messi - 23y 307d
- Raúl González - 25y 82d
- Karim Benzema - 26y 69d
- Thomas Müller - 26y 185d
Haaland has scored 48 goals in 41 games in all competitions, and has a possible 13 more games to play this season. The Norwegian also scored against Bayern in the first leg after demolishing another German team, Leipzig, with five goals in the previous round.
- Pakistan vs Sri Lanka LIVE Colombo weather updates, Asia Cup 2023: Rain delays toss; qualification scenarios
- Pakistan vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: Rain continues as PAK vs SL toss delayed
- Man United signs Spain World Cup winner Guerrero from Atletico Madrid
- ENG vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Record Stokes ton leads England to huge win over New Zealand
- Asia Cup: Indian batters aim to solve spin woes ahead of the 2023 World Cup