- June 11, 2023 18:27Guardiola leads City to ‘holy grail’
- June 11, 2023 02:54Full match report!
- June 11, 2023 02:27FULL-TIME!
Manchester City clinches its first-ever Champions League title after a 1-0 win against Inter.
Pep Guardiola’s men have also achieved the prestigious feat of winning the treble and has equalled Manchester United’s record in the 1998-1999 season.
- June 11, 2023 02:2590+6’
Inter has a corner in the dying seconds and it is their last chance to equalise.
- June 11, 2023 02:23YELLOW CARD90+4’
Booking: Ederson sees a yellow card now.
Both keepers are now on a yellow card.
- June 11, 2023 02:22YELLOW CARD90+2’
Bookings: Haaland and Onana of Man City and Inter, respectively are shown yellow cards.
Haaland gets the booking for fouling Onana and the latter gets booked after pushing Haaland on the back.
- June 11, 2023 02:2090’
Five minutes added at the end of the second-half. There is still some hope for Inter.
- June 11, 2023 02:1989’ LUKAKU COMES CLOSE!
How was Lukaku not scored there? He gets at the end of a beautiful cross and has the goal to aim for. But he heads the ball straight to Ederson and the ball goes out for a corner.
Inter players and their bench are on their knees.
- June 11, 2023 02:1584’
Inter subs: IN- Mkhitaryan, D’Ambrosio OUT- Calhanoglu, Darmian
- June 11, 2023 02:14YELLOW CARD83’
Booking: Lukaku is the latest player to get a booking as he sees a yellow card.
- June 11, 2023 02:1282’
Man City sub: IN- Walker OUT- Stones
- June 11, 2023 02:1080’
It is unsure whether Barella went for a shot or a cross but whatever it may be, he horribly botched his effort from the edge of the City box.
- June 11, 2023 02:0878’
Foden makes a scrintillating run inside the Inter box and gets a shot away. But Onana makes the save to keep his team in the match.
- June 11, 2023 02:0575’
Inter subs: IN- Gosens, Bellanova OUT- Bastoni, Dumfries
- June 11, 2023 02:0271’ HUGE LET OFF FOR CITY!
Shaky defending from City as Inter puts bodies forward into attack. Di Marco’s initial header hits the bar and comes back into play. Di Marco tries to guide the ball inside the net from the reboud, but hits the ball straight to Lukaku. That is a unfortunate for Inter and a let off for City.
- June 11, 2023 01:58GOAL68’’ GOAL: MCI 1-0 INT
GOOOALLL!! RODRI SCORES FOR CITY!! Bernardo makes a clever run as he is played a deft pass inside the box. He goes for a reverse pass as the ball hit Brozovic and was loose. Rodri is the first to get there. He makes a brilliant connection and blasts the ball inside the net.
- June 11, 2023 01:5767’
Haaland picks up pace and bullies his way into the final third. He tries to get the ball to Foden but the pass is intercepted.
- June 11, 2023 01:5464’
Stones, on the overlap, tries to drive a low cross to the middle of the box from the right. But Bastoni does well to get a touch and send the ball out for a corner.
- June 11, 2023 01:50YELLOW CARD59’
Booking: Barella sees a yellow card for bringing down Foden.
- June 11, 2023 01:5059’’ INTER WASTES CHANCE!
A huge error by Akanji as his intended backpass for Ederson is loose. Lautaro takes advantage and makes a run towards goal. Ederson comes off his line to narrow down the angle. Lautaro sees that Lukaku is free but goes for the shot himself. Ederson makes the save. That is poor judgement by the Argentine.
- June 11, 2023 01:4657’
Inter sub: IN- Lukaku OUT- Dzeko
- June 11, 2023 01:4555’
Dumfries cuts in on the right and sends a pass to Lautaro. The Argentine goes for a first-time shot but it is blocked.
- June 11, 2023 01:4353’
End to end play- Inter first breaks on a counter but Gundogan snatches the ball away from Lautaro. City launches its own counter attack by the Inter players get back in numbers and halts the momentum by bringing by Foden. Man City gets a freekick.
- June 11, 2023 01:3848’
A few words exchanged by Di Marco and Bernardo after the latter catches the Inter player on the back. The play wasn’t stopped for a foul initially but the referee eventually halts the game, as Di Marco stayed down.
- June 11, 2023 01:34SECOND-HALF!!
The second-half kicks-off at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium. The match is goalless as of now.
- June 11, 2023 01:27The final in pictures!
- June 11, 2023 01:19HALF-TIME!!
The UCL final is goalless as the teams break for half-time.
ICYMI: De Bruyne was subbed off in the 35th minute due to injury and was replaced by Foden.
- June 11, 2023 01:1845+1’
Akanji goes for a piledriving shot from an ambitious distance but misses the target by quite a margin. That would have been one of the best UCL final goals, if the ball went in.
- June 11, 2023 01:1645’
Two minutes added at the end of the first-half!
- June 11, 2023 01:1543’
Foden takes the freekick but City does not pose any substantial threat from the set-piece.
- June 11, 2023 01:1542’
Dumfries brings down Grealish near the left touchline and Man City has a freekick in a dangerous area.
Grealish is visibly unhappy with the referee as he did not show a yellow card to Dumfries to pulling him down.
- June 11, 2023 01:1140’
A lot of loose tackles being committed by both teams at the moment. The referee has been patient and kept his cards inside his pockets for now.
- June 11, 2023 01:0736’ De Bruyne out!
Man City sub: IN- Foden OUT- De Bruyne
A significant blow for Manchester City as De Bruyne cannot continue in the final. He is replaced by Foden.
- June 11, 2023 01:0735’
City keeps the Inter defence on alert with a long phase of pressure. It ends with De Bruyne crossing the ball for Haaland, but the ball had already gone out of play before De Bruyne’s cross.
- June 11, 2023 01:0231’
De Bruyne is on the touchlines and he looks ready to come back for now. City will be hoping he is fit enough to see the match out.
- June 11, 2023 01:0130’
De Bruyne looks slightly uncomfortable as he is given medical attention. It is not sure what the issue is but it could be a hamstring issue.
- June 11, 2023 00:5927’ SAVE!
Haaland is slipped a great pass as he timed his run perfectly. Under pressure, he takes the shot from close distance, but Onana makes the save. A nervy moment for Inter there.
- June 11, 2023 00:5726’
Ederson gives the ball away with a loose pass and Barella pounces on the ball. Seeing an empty net, Barella goes for the shot from distance, but hacks it wide.
That was sloppy play from the English champion.
- June 11, 2023 00:5423’
It looked like a serious injury for Di Marco as he was on the ground for a long time. But the Inter player is back on his feet. Play continues.
- June 11, 2023 00:5120’
Brozovic takes a shot from just outside the City box, after Lautaro couldn’t control the ball. But Ederson watches the ball sail high and wide.
- June 11, 2023 00:5019’
Inter has matched up to City’s pace and skill on the ball till now. But we have all seen how swiftly City can up a gear.
- June 11, 2023 00:4615’
Inter tries to catch the City defence out with a short corner. The idea was good with an early cross coming inside the City box, but the quality is poor. Haaland performs his defensive duty by heading the ball away.
- June 11, 2023 00:4210’
Di Marco, who was free on the left, is played a pass. He crosses the ball inside the box, but it is dealt easily by the City defence. It is the first proper attacking threat created by Inter in the match.
- June 11, 2023 00:418’
Inter is not allowing the City players to keep the ball with their pressing. But how long can Inzaghi’s men keep this up?
- June 11, 2023 00:376’ Close!
City with another chance to take an early lead. Bernardo shows his quick feet, dancing past the Inter players. He cuts in and shoots at the far-post. He misses the target but not by much.
- June 11, 2023 00:343’
De Bruyne slips a pass to Haaland, who takes a shot at Onana’s near-post. The effort is high and wide but it doesn’t matter anyway. The assistant referee raises his flag for offside.
- June 11, 2023 00:321’
City starts strong, putting the Inter defence under pressure. But Inter also showing signs of positive play. Dumfires tries to release Dzeko down the right flank, but the latter cannot control the ball.
- June 11, 2023 00:31Match kicks-off!
The UEFA Champions League 2022-23 final between Manchester City and Inter has kicked-off at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul.
- June 11, 2023 00:28Moments away from kick-off!
The players are entering the pitch. The Champions League final will kick-off in less than two minutes. Stay tuned for live updates.
- June 11, 2023 00:01Did you know?
- This is the first competitive meeting between Manchester City and Inter. It is the first time the first competitive meeting between two sides has been in a UEFA Champions League final since Liverpool played AC Milan in 2005, also played at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul.
- English and Italian sides have met in four previous European Cup/Champions League finals, with Liverpool always being the English team in the final previously. It won the competition on penalties in 1984 vs Roma and 2005 vs Milan and lost the 1985 and 2007 finals against Juventus and AC Milan, respectively.
- Man City has appeared in only two previous major European finals, being Polish side Gornik Zabrze 2-1 in the 1970 Cup winners Cup final, before losing the 2021 UCL final 1-0 to Chelsea.
- Inter is featuring in its 11th major European final, the third most of any Italian side behind Juventus (16) and AC Milan (14). It is Inter’s first one since losing 3-2 in the 2019-20 Europa League final against Sevilla and only its second in the UCL, winning 2-0 against Bayern Munich under Jose Mourinho.
- Man City is looking to become the fourth English side to win the Champions League after Man United (1999, 2008), Liverpool (2005, 2019) and Chelsea (2012, 2021), which would be the most of any nation. The current total of three is the joint-most, along with Italy (Milan, Inter and Juventus)
- June 10, 2023 23:48Why is Kyle Walker not starting for Man City?
Pep Guardiola has decided not feature Kyle Walker Manchester City’s UEFA Champions League final against Inter Milan on Saturday in Istanbul.
The 33-year-old, who failed to recover in time from a back injury, has been replaced by Manuel Akanji, who will complete City’s defense alongside Ruben Dias and Nathan Ake.
- June 10, 2023 23:42Watch our Champions League preview!
- June 10, 2023 23:17Here is a stat for you!
- June 10, 2023 23:10Inter Starting XI
- June 10, 2023 23:09Man City Starting XI
- June 10, 2023 22:59Kick-off time, not too far away!
- June 10, 2023 22:39PREDICTED XI!
Man City: Ederson(GK); Walker, Dias, Akanji; Stones, Rodri; Silva, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Grealish; Haaland.
Inter: Onana(GK); Darmian, Acerbi, Bastoni; Dumfries, Barella, Mkhitaryan, Calhanoglu, Dimarco; Martinez, Dzeko.
- June 10, 2023 22:33Live telecast/Streaming information
When and where is the Champions League final between Manchester City and Inter kicking-off?
The Champions League final between Manchester City and Inter will kick-off at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium at 12:30 AM IST, Sunday, June 11.
Where can you watch the live telecast of the Champions League final between Manchester City and Inter?
The Champions League final between Manchester City and Inter will be telecasted live on the Sony TEN 2, Sony TEN 2 HD (English), Sony TEN 3, Sony TEN 3 HD (Hindi), Sony TEN 4 and Sony TEN 4 HD (Tamil and Telugu) TV channels in India.
Where can you live stream the Champions League final between Manchester City and Inter?
The Champions League final between Manchester City and Inter can be live streamed on the Sony Liv app and website.
- June 10, 2023 22:30PREVIEW
With its massive spending power, Manchester City’s run to the Champions League final has hardly come as a surprise.
The same cannot be said for Inter Milan, City’s opponent on Saturday in Istanbul.
While Inter is one of European football’s most storied teams, it enters the game as an outsider, having somewhat surprisingly reached the final. After all, Inter is the third best team in Italy, a league that has long-since lost its shine after being considered the ultimate destination for the world’s best players in the 1990s.
Inter finished the season 18 points behind league champion Napoli, the team many expected to go far before losing to AC Milan in the quarterfinals.
(inputs from AP) Read full PREVIEW
- Al Duhail vs Al Nassr Highlights: Talisca hat-trick secures 3-2 win without Cristiano Ronaldo in AFC Champions League
- No Cristiano Ronaldo, no problem: Talisca hat-trick secure wins for Al Nassr in AFC Champions League
- Barcelona stunned by Shakhtar in Champions League as Sikan nets winner
- Fullkrug, Brandt steer Dortmund to back-to-back wins over Newcastle in Champions League
- Maxwell innings probably the greatest-ever in ODIs, says Pat Cummins after win against Afghanistan