Elon Musk, on Wednesday, tweeted he is buying Premier League club Manchester United. He didn't offer any further details.
"Also, I’m buying Manchester United ur welcome," Musk tweeted in a thread where he expressed his opinion about US politics.
While, his tweet took the internet by storm, he later clarified that the tweet was a joke and he wasnt buying the team.
However, the owner of the Manchester United, the American Glazer family, last year expressed its wish to sell the Old Trafford club if they were offered more than 4 billion pounds, ($4.84 billion).
Having lost to Brighton & Hove Albion and Brentford, Manchester United is currently langushing at the bottom of the EPL standings.
In recent years, fans protested against the Glazer family for the club's below-par performance in European football. Last season, Manchester United finished sixth in EPL and failed to qualify for the UEFA Champions League.
The Glazer family bought the club for 790 million pounds ($955.51 million) in 2005.
- ENG vs AFG Live Score, Cricket World Cup 2023: Rashid departs, Afghanistan nearing 250
- Angel Yin wins LPGA Shanghai for maiden career tour title
- Hurkacz beats Rublev to win Shanghai Masters in thriller
- Travis Head returns to nets; hopes to join Australia World Cup squad this week
- Pegula beats Yuan to claim Korea Open title