Everton is set to make the first move for Carlo Ancelotti. The Toffees will reportedly begin talks with the Italian following his departure from Napoli on Tuesday.
Ancelotti was sacked three hours after a 4-0 win over Genk, which confirmed the Serie A club's place in the Champions League knockout rounds.
TOP STORY – EVERTON TO RIVAL ARSENAL FOR ANCELOTTI
Everton will waste no time in opening contract talks with free agent Ancelotti in the wake of his Napoli exit, according to Sky Sports. Managerless Arsenal is also said to be considering the 60-year-old former Chelsea, Milan and Real Madrid boss as a possible replacement for Unai Emery.
But the Toffees could get the jump on their Premier League rival after Shanghai SIPG's Vitor Pereira pulled out of the race to succeed Marco Silva, although David Moyes reportedly remains an option to take charge on an interim basis.
Ancelotti has won the Champions League three times as a coach and secured league titles in England, France, Germany and Italy.
- Napoli could announce the appointment of Gennaro Gattuso on a short-term contract as soon as Wednesday, according to CalcioMercato.
- Ex-Everton manager Moyes and former Brighton and Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton are in line to replace Manuel Pellegrini at West Ham if the Hammers lose to Southampton on Saturday, says The Mirror.
- Manchester United is considering Ajax's Donny van de Beek and Saul Niguez of Atletico Madrid as it prepares for Paul Pogba's end-of-season exit, reports the Daily Mail.
- The Daily Mail also claims Leicester City has opened contract talks with rumoured Manchester City target Caglar Soyuncu, who has been in good form this season.
- Barcelona has cooled its interest in Lautaro Martinez due to Inter's demand for €100million, according to ESPN.
Latest on Sportstar
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder stakes claim to be best signing of Guardiola era
- Indian sports news wrap, June 4
- Pavlyuchenkova not expecting red carpet for Russians at Wimbledon
- Miami’s NBA Finals record after losing Game 1: Five losses, three titles; But are the Nuggets too spicy for the Heat?
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao; La Liga LIVE: When and where to watch Benzema’s last game; Streaming Info; Predicted XI