Lucas Vazquez has suffered a fractured big toe in his left foot, Real Madrid has confirmed.
Vazquez sustained the injury when he dropped a weight during a gym session, according to reports in Spain.
Madrid, who hosts Real Sociedad on Saturday, has not specified a timeframe for his recovery.
The 28-year-old missed matches against Mallorca and Galatasaray in October due to a calf problem.
READ : Real Madrid's James Rodriguez doubtful for El Clasico
"Following the tests carried out today on our player Lucas Vazquez by the Real Madrid medical department, he has been diagnosed with a fracture to the distal phalanx in his left hallux," read a club statement.
"His recovery will continue to be assessed."
Vazquez has made seven LaLiga appearances this season, starting four times and scoring once.
Madrid is level on points with Barcelona but trails the leaders on goal difference.
- World Cup 2023: Pakistan vs New Zealand warm-up match to be played behind closed doors
- AFC Cup: Mohun Bagan beats Odisha FC 4-0, begins campaign in style
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan SG AFC Cup HIGHLIGHTS: OFC 0-4 MBSG, Dimitri scores brace as Mariners demolish Juggernauts
- Why was Ravichandran Ashwin picked in ODI team despite not playing the format since Jan 2022
- Asian Games 2023, September 20: Indians in Action, schedule, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST