Odisha FC has signed defensive midfielder Saul Crespo on a one-year deal for the upcoming Indian Super League season, the club confirmed on Thursday.
The Spaniard has 119 career appearances for his boyhood club - Ponferradina, 55 appearances in LaLiga 2, and 9 appearances in the prestigious Copa Del Rey.
Saul was born in Ponferrada, and joined SD Ponferradina's youth setup in 2010. In 2015, he was loaned to Segunda División B side Atlético Astorga FC for the season.
Crespo made his senior debut on 19th September 2015, coming on as a second-half substitute in a 1–1 away draw against UD Logrones.
On 16th September, he signed a professional contract with Ponfe for three seasons. He scored his first goal on 10th April 2016, netting the equalizer at CD Guijuelo; he finished the campaign with 25 appearances. In August, he moved to fellow third division side Arandina CF.
Saul returned to his parent club in July 2017 and was immediately assigned to the main squad. In June of the following year, he renewed his contract with the club and contributed with one goal in 30 appearances in 2018–19 as his side returned to Segunda División after three years.
ALSO READ |
He made his professional debut in August 2019, coming on as a second-half substitute for Yuri de Souza against Cádiz CF.
Saul is an exciting, dynamic young defensive midfielder with a lot of experience for his age (25 years). He has a lot of game time under his belt in the LaLiga 2, Segunda Division B & the Copa Del Rey.
- Tigst Assefa smashes women’s marathon world record in Berlin
- ISL 2023-24: Mumbai City FC beats NorthEast United FC 2-1
- Asian Games 2023: Chhetri and Jhingan turn coaches on field, guiding India into round of 16 in Hangzhou
- Chelsea trying to end goal drought after loss against Aston Villa
- IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association announces Rs 11 lakh prize money for ground staff at Indore stadium