Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie said on Wednesday he will leave AC Milan when his contract expires next month.
Kessie has been heavily linked with a move to the Spanish side Barcelona in the close season after helping Milan win its first Serie A title in 11 years this term, which it sealed with a 3-0 victory at Sassuolo at the weekend.
"There are really strong emotions," Kessie told Canal + Sport Africa . "It has been five very important years where I have embraced a project.
"It is my last month of contract here, but in these five years we have managed to return to the Champions League and win the Scudetto. I did what they bought me for and I think there is no better way to say goodbye."
Kessie, who arrived in Italy in 2015 when signing for Atalanta, scored six Serie A goals in 31 games this term, including the final goal of their season at Sassuolo.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: TN 162 all-out vs Baroda; Khajuria falls after ton vs Delhi; Mumbai closes in on win vs Pondicherry
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- S.Korea suspend striker Hwang Ui-jo over sex video investigation
- Liverpool set to clinch place in Europa League knockouts