Dani Carvajal felt Real Madrid was all over Barcelona early in its emphatic Supercopa de Espana triumph.
Madrid won 2-0 in Wednesday's second leg at the Santiago Bernabeu to secure a 5-1 aggregate success over its fierce rival, Marco Asensio and Karim Benzema getting the goals.
Asensio's stunning fourth-minute strike set the tone and Carvajal felt Barca had no answer as Madrid added domestic silverware to the UEFA Super Cup crown it picked up last week.
"Our aim was to win both Supercopas and I think we were better than Manchester United and Barcelona," said Carvajal.
"Our first 20 minutes were fantastic, we were all over them. We weren't affected by the result in the first leg. We were more clinical than them and that has been decisive in the tie.
"That gives us confidence going into the first La-Liga games. We have got a great squad and we are not surprised by what Asensio is doing."
Despite his confidence, Carvajal will not rush before declaring Madrid can win a sextuple this season.
"There is still a long way to go this season, we have barely begun. We will go week by week and, come March, we will see whether we can win it all," he said. “But I don't see Barca as far away, they had chances to win too."
Lucas Vazquez, meanwhile, wants Madrid to keep up the momentum for their defence of La-Liga, which begins on Sunday away to Deportivo La Coruna.
"We are all thrilled to have won this trophy, which gives us confidence heading into the La-Liga campaign," he said.
"I think we were the better side in both games. We have got a fantastic group and we are in a great dynamic.
"The secret to this team is that whoever is out on the pitch, they do a great job and we all give it everything we have got to defend the badge."
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally LIVE , October 1 - Men’s shooting trap team bags gold; Aditi Ashok wins silver, India 4th with 11 gold, 41 medals
- Asian Games 2023: HS Prannoy to miss men’s team final due to back injury - reports
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Men’s trap shooting team wins gold; IND 0-1 KOR in women’s hockey; Parveen into boxing semifinal - Hangzhou 2022 Scores
- India vs Korea women’s hockey LIVE Updates, Asian Games 2023: KOR scores as IND trails 1-0 after first quarter
- 2023 ODI World Cup venues: MCA Stadium, Pune — capacity, entry points, pitch info and all you need to know