Leeds United has signed United States midfielder Weston McKennie on loan until the end of the season from Juventus, the Premier League club said on Monday.
The 24-year-old has made nearly 100 appearances for the Serie A team since joining in 2020, scoring 13 goals and providing five assists. He has won the 2020 Italian Super Cup and 2021 Coppa Italia with Juve.
He has 41 caps for the U.S. and helped the national team reach the last 16 at the World Cup in Qatar last year.
The former Schalke 04 player will join fellow U.S. internationals Tyler Adams and Brenden Aaronson at Leeds, who are coached by compatriot Jesse Marsch.
Leeds has also signed defender Max Wober and forward Georginio Rutter in the January transfer window.
The club is 15th in the standings and sit just one point above the relegation zone halfway through the season.
They next visit Nottingham Forest on Sunday.
Follow all January deadline day stories here:
- ⦿Transfer deadline day: All you need to know about the January 2023 winter window
- ⦿Transfer Market Deadline Day: Players expected to sign on January 31
- ⦿Premier League Transfer news live: Full list of January 2023 signings
- ⦿La Liga winter transfer window: Complete list of ins and outs of players in January 2023
- ⦿January transfer window: Biggest winter signings which flopped at their new clubs
- ⦿Deadline day transfers: Suarez to Bruno, most impactful signings in the January winter window