Victor Osimhen will miss Napoli’s match against Verona this weekend after the Serie A club confirmed on Monday that the Nigeria forward picked up a hamstring injury on international duty.
Napoli did not say in its short statement for how long Osimhen would be sidelined with a “medium-grade tear” in his right hamstring, but Italian media report that he could be out for as long as a month.
That would mean the 24-year-old would miss the next four rounds of Serie A matches as well as two Champions League clashes with Union Berlin.
Osimhen picked up the injury during Nigeria’s 2-2 friendly draw with Saudi Arabia on Friday.
Italian champion Napoli is fifth in Serie A on 14 points, seven behind league leader AC Milan, which it faces at the end of the month.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Round 3 Day 3 update:Tamil Nadu enforces follow-on vs Railways; Karnataka takes 177-run lead vs Goa, Nikin smashes ton
- Allowing Indian-origin players to represent tricolour would be huge help for Indian football: Igor Stimac
- Australian Open 2024: Sinner comes through Khachanov test to reach quarterfinals
- NZ vs PAK, 5th T20I: Pakistan beats New Zealand by 42 runs to avoid series sweep
- IND vs ENG, 1st Test: Michael Atherton predicts an Indian win, says India spinners better than England