Rohit Kumar scored a record 32 points - the most by a raider in a Pro Kabaddi match - as Bengaluru Bulls drubbed U.P. Yoddha 64-24 here on Tuesday.
In the end, beaming, he looked a magician, smug at having pulled off a trick without a hitch after being challenged. And it was as if the Yoddha was in a reduced sort of state - all run-down and weathered.
In the first half, Rohit notably scored a touch point with a scorpion kick for the Bulls to draw level 2-2. When the Bulls were 5-3 ahead, the Yoddha unsuccessfully reviewed a touch point scored by him.
PKL: Yoddha goes down to Bulls but secures play-off spot
From 6-3 then, the Bulls secured an all out to cruise to 11-3, and to 14-3 when a game time of ten minutes had been logged. The Yoddha was once again reduced to a one-man team, Surender Singh, with the Bulls leading 17-3. Singh, in his raid then, managed to touch the bonus line even as he was held for the Bulls' second all out.
From 20-4 then, the Bulls ended the first half with a 17-point lead on 27-10. The Bulls made a super tackle when on 32-15 in the second half, to get to 34-15.
Rohit with a dubki , got the Bulls to 47-17, and scored his record 29th point - emulating Rishank Devadiga's record of 28 points - to help the Bulls to 60-21.
In the zone-A match of the day, Haryana Steelers beat Puneri Paltan 31-27.
In the second match of the day, Puneri Paltan beat Jaipur Pink Panthers 38-15 in zone-A. Jaipur's 15 is the lowest score by any team in the league.
Zone-A: Puneri Paltan 38 bt Jaipur Pink Panthers 15
Zone-A: Haryana Steelers 31 bt Puneri Paltan 27
Zone-B: Bengaluru Bulls 64 bt U.P. Yoddha 24.
- Asian Games 2023 schedule today, September 27: Indians in action, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST
- Honest Lalit Kumar runs 100m final alone as others flee to evade dope test at Delhi State Championships
- Bangladesh ODI World Cup 2023 squad: Shakib leads, Tamim Iqbal left out
- ODI World Cup 2023: Southee cleared to join New Zealand squad after surgery, aiming to play opener
- India starts favourite against Nepal in SAFF U19 Championship semifinals