Indian racer Jehan Daruvala will be testing a Formua E car for the first time at the Berlin round from April 22-23.
Daruvala is a Mahindra Racing reserve driver. The 24-year-old is fulfilling his Mahindra duties alongside a fourth full season in the Formula 2 Championship.
“ROOKIE TEST: @DaruvalaJehan will drive for us at the @FIAFormulaE Official Rookie Test after the Berlin E-Prix, making his debut outing in a Formula E race car,” Mahindra Racing tweeted.
“Really excited for this!… big thanks to @MahindraRacing for the opportunity,” tweeted Daruvala
Mahindra Racing is the only Indian outfit competing in Formula E though Tata-owned Jaguar is also part of the electric racing series.
In the ongoing Formula 2 season, Daruvala is racing for MP Motorsport. After three rounds, the Indian is sixth in the drivers’ standings with 32 points courtesy his third-place finish in both sprint and feature race in Jeddah.
Kush Maini, the other Indian in Formula 2, drives for Campos Racing and is ninth with 26 points.
- India kits at Asian Games 2023: What do the patterns on the Indian jerseys signify?
- Manchester United goalkeeper Earps wins England Women’s Player of the Year
- Southee to undergo thumb surgery, ODI World Cup decision next week
- England’s Root to get ODI World Cup practice against Ireland
- Asian Games 2023: Indian debutants to watch out for at Hangzhou