Antonio Brown's legal battles could just be getting started.
According to ESPN , which cited unidentified league sources, Brown is set to become the first player in NFL history to file nine grievances and appeals during the same time period.
The grievances and appeals, which total more than $61 million Brown believes he is owed from the Raiders and Patriots, include:
- Fine appeals with the Raiders: $215,000
- Salary guarantees with Raiders: $29 million
- Signing bonus with Raiders: $1 million
- Raiders unpaid Week 1 salary: $860,000
- Patriots' salary guarantee: $1 million
- Patriots signing bonus: $9 million
- Patriots' unpaid Week 3 salary: $64,000
- Patriots' option year in 2020: $20 million
Should he face discipline from the league for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, Brown could appeal that as well, bringing the total to nine.
It was reported last week that Brown, who initially was traded from the Steelers to the Raiders in March before being cut by Oakland, planned to file a grievance against the Patriots to get the guaranteed money on his contract. New England released Brown 11 days into his deal on Sept. 20 after he sent threatening text messages to the woman who accused him earlier this month of sexual misconduct in 2017.
Brown has also been named in a civil lawsuit filed by Britney Taylor, his former trainer, in which she says Brown sexually assaulted her twice in 2017 and forcibly raped her in 2018.
Two days after his release by the Patriots, Brown tweeted he " will not be playing " in the NFL anymore and referenced the guaranteed money he's lost to this point from both the Patriots and Raiders. In a separate, since-deleted tweet, Brown likened his legal situation to Patriots owner Robert Kraft's misdemeanor charge of soliciting a prostitute last winter.
After Brown's Twitter tirade, an ESPN source said Kraft is "never writing that check, no matter what the ruling is now.”
According to Yahoo Sports , Brown's grievances could run deep into 2020.
- Indian sports news wrap, December 5: Vivaan win’s men’s trap in National selection trials; Sonal into AITA Women’s quarters
- Cyclone Michaung: 200 young paddlers stranded in Vijayawada
- Formula One: Shanghai and Miami to host F1 sprints for first time in 2024
- Junior World Boxing Championships: Payal, Nisha, Akansha strike gold as India ends campaign with 17 medals
- Wrestling Federation of India election date to be announced after December 8