Olympian Gurpreet Singh recovered some of the lost touch with air pistol as he won the fourth National shooting selection trials which concluded at the Dr. Karni Singh Range, Tughlakabad, on Monday.
After shooting 580 in qualification, a score shared by seven, and which did not get the final entry for three shooters, Gurpreet shot 241.1 to beat Asian Games bronze medallist Abhishek Verma by 1.1 point.
A rapid fire pistol specialist who narrowly missed the Rio Olympics final, Gurpreet showed that he could deal with a field which had Omkar Singh, Shahzar Rizvi, Deepak Sharma and Om Prakash Mitharval, apart from Abhishek.
Indian shooting team to fight for 8 Olympic quota places in Mexico Shotgun WC
Om Prakash topped qualification with 584, but placed sixth. Shahzar Rizvi shot 583 in qualification and had to be content with the fourth spot, after having won the event the previous day.
Gaurav Rana and Arjun Singh Cheema topped the junior and youth fields respectively.
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings
- PKL 2023: Full squad list of all 12 teams after Pro Kabaddi League season 10 auction
- Which player has most tackle points in Pro Kabaddi League history?
- Pro Kabaddi League: Top 10 defenders of all time with most tackle points
- IND vs AUS: Axar Patel ‘was a bit upset’ on missing out on ODI World Cup due to injury