Tamil Nadu paddler G. Sathiyan beat compatriot Sharath Kamal 4-3 in the Asian Olympic Qualification tournament in Doha on Tuesday.
Sathiyan is now just a win away from earning the Tokyo Olympics spot.
The 28-year-old from Chennai did not have a good outing at the World Singles Qualification tournament that concluded at the same venue on Monday. Sathiyan, who had a first round bye, surrendered tamely to Italy’s Mihai Bobocica 11-7, 11-6, 11-8, 11-5.
More to follow...
- India vs China Badminton LIVE Score men’s team final, Asian Games 2023: Lakshya under pressure in third game; Hangzhou updates
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Lakshya loses second game in men’s badminton final; India, Korea draw 1-1 in women’s hockey; Chenai wins trap bronze - Hangzhou 2022 Scores
- Athletics at Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022 updates: Tajinderpal in action in shot put at 4:30pm, Amlan qualifies for men’s 200m SF
- Asian Games 2023: “Anybody would see it as gold lost”— Aditi Ashok after finishing 2nd in women’s golf
- Shreyas Iyer origin story: From Shivaji Park Gymkhana to World Cup via a fulfilling dinner