Indian archer Aditi Gopichand Swamy scored 711/720 during the 72-arrow compound qualification round to break the Under 18 world record during the Archery World Cup Stage 3 in Colombia on Wednesday.
Swamy bettered the previous best of 705/720 set by USA’s Liko Arreola. Swamy’s score fell just two short of the senior record of 713 held by Colombian Sara Lopez.
She also created an Asian record in the Women’s 50m Compound Round Under 18 Category.
Her performance ensured Swamy topped the qualification round, ahead of compatriot Jyothi Surekha Vennam, who managed a tally of 708.
The individual matches will commence from Thrusday, June 15.
- India vs Afghanistan LIVE Score, Cricket World Cup 2023: Rohit, Kohli push India forward in chase vs AFG
- Rohit Sharma hits fastest World Cup hundred by an Indian in 63 balls in IND vs AFG match
- Rohit Sharma breaks Chris Gayle’s record for most sixes in international cricket with 554th maximum
- Most ODI World Cup hundreds: Rohit breaks Tendulkar’s record with 7th century in IND vs AFG match in Delhi
- Fastest ODI World Cup hundreds: Rohit goes 6th with 63-ball hundred in IND vs AFG, Markram holds record with 49-ball century