Indian trio of Sift Kaur Samra, Ashi Chouksey and Manini Kaushik won silver medal in the women’s 50m rifle 3 Positions team event at the Asian Games in Hangzhou, China, on Wednesday.
India had a total score of 1764, nine behind China who took the gold. Republic of Korea clinched bronze with 1756.
Samra set a new National Record of 594 and finished second to progress to the individual final. China’s Xia Siyu, who had the same score as the Indian, topped the qualification round due to more inner 10s.
Chouksey too made it to the individual final in sixth spot with a total of 590. Kaushik finished 18th with 580.
Indian men’s shotgun skeet team bagged bronze with a score of 355. The team comprising of Angad Vir Singh, Gurjoat Siingh, Anant Jeet Singh was placed below China and Qatar, who won gold and silver, respectively.
Anant was the sole Indian, who qualified for the men’s shotgun skeet individual event, which will take place later in the day.
- Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius granted parole, to be released from prison on January 5
- I practised a lot in nets during World Cup, was talking to coaches: Ishan Kishan
- Premier League: Arsenal has Jesus, Odegaard available after international break, says Arteta
- Sumit Nagal, Sasi Mukund refuse to travel to Pakistan for Davis Cup
- Airline pilots enlisted to help Premier League officials - Reports