American Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone was a late withdrawal from the women’s 400m at Friday’s Diamond League meeting in Monaco because of an injury.
The 23-year-old was unable to compete “due to a knee issue as advised by her doctors”, organisers said.
McLaughlin-Levrone stormed to Olympic gold in the 400m hurdles in Tokyo and went on to win world gold last year in Eugene in 50.68sec.
She has opted to concentrate on the 400m flat this season, which will reach a peak with the world championships in Budapest on August 19-27.
- NBA Round-up: Magic beats Giannis, Bucks secures first win over Milwaukee in Orlando since 2018
- IND vs NED LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: India takes on Netherlands; Preview, toss updates, prediction XI
- Six England World Cup 2023 players retained for Caribbean tour
- Stats comparison: Virat Kohli and Sachin Tendulkar’s 49 ODI centuries
- Healy puts hand up for Australian cricket captaincy