India’s Ayush Shetty secured a bronze medal at the BWF World Junior Championships that concluded at Spokane, USA on October 8.
The 18-year-old India went down to Indonesia’s Ali Farhan in the semifinal 18-21, 15-21 to win the bronze medal. He had defeated Yudai Okimoto of Japan in the quarterfinal to seal his place in the semis.
Ayush is currently ranked number one in boy’s singles in the Badminton Association of India (BAI) rankings.
This was India’s 10th medal at the Junior Worlds with Ayush becoming the eighth male shuttler to bag a medal.
Sankar Muthusamy was the last Indian to win a medal, bagging the silver in men’s singes in the 2022 edition is Spain.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 142/8, leads by 188 runs; Foakes, Bashir frustrate IND
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Karnataka stumbles vs Vidarbha; Solanki smashes century vs Mumbai
- Yathiraj, Pramod and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships
- Fighting knock from fighter’s son: Dhruv Jurel walks in footsteps of father, a Kargil War veteran
- Gopi Thonakal wins elite men’s race in New Delhi Marathon