India’s leading men’s doubles shuttler R. Satwiksairaj will return to training soon after having tested negative for COVID-19.
Satwik, who tested positive for COVID two weeks ago, had undergone the mandatory second RT-PCR test on September 14, after completing the quarantine. The report landed on Wednesday.
“He is feeling weak because of being on medication for the last few days but certainly much better,” his family members confirmed the development.
“After the recovery phase, Satwik will start formal fitness training and then play the game,” they added.
Satwik had to pull out of the now-postponed Thomas and Uber Cup after being hit by the virus.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: India to bowl first vs Australia; Ashwin out of Playing XI in Rohit’s 50th Test
- Moeen Ali comes out of Test retirement for Ashes 2023
- IND vs AUS Dream 11 prediction, WTC Final 2023: India vs Australia Playing 11 updates, fantasy picks, pitch report, squads
- WTC Final 2023: Rohit Sharma, Pat Cummins feature in their 50th Tests at Oval
- IND vs AUS WTC Final, London weather update LIVE: Will it rain on Day 1 at the Oval during India vs Australia?