Nathan Coulter-Nile, who was picked this week for Australia’s one-day and Twenty20 tour of India , was taken to hospital on Saturday after a bout of vertigo during a Big Bash League game.
The Perth Scorchers fast bowler had delivered the fifth ball of his final over late in the Twenty20 match against Adelaide Strikers when he signalled that all was not well. After consulting with Perth captain Mitchell Marsh, he bowled the sixth ball, which was hit for six, before sinking to his haunches and sitting on the ground.
'Bad bout of vertigo'
Scorchers physio Chris Quinnell said Coulter-Nile had suffered a “bad bout of vertigo.”
“He was taken to hospital after the game as a precaution and will be monitored over the next few hours,” Quinnell said on the BBL website.
Coulter-Nile’s inclusion in Australia’s squad for the India tour came after he was left out of recent home limited-overs internationals with back issues.
- Asian Games 2023: Nandini Agasara wins bronze in women’s heptathlon
- Asian Games 2023: Jyothi Yarraji finishes third in women’s 100m hurdles pending review after false start drama
- India vs China Badminton LIVE Score men’s team final, Asian Games 2023: Srikanth, Prasad-Pratheek lose; Satwik-Chirag, Lakshya win; IND 2-2 CHN
- Kerala Blasters vs Jamshedpur FC LIVE score, ISL 2023-24: KBFC v JFC updates; When, where to watch; Kick-off at 8 PM IST
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Yarraji, in action; Tajinderpal, Avinash Sable win gold; Harmilan, Ajay, Jinson win 1500m medals; Sreeshankar wins long jump silver; Nikhat Zareen wins bronze; India 2-1 China in men’s badminton final