Kolkata Knight Riders has roped in USA’s 29-year-old fast bowler, Ali Khan, as a replacement for English seamer Harry Gurney.
Gurney will undergo a surgery related to a shoulder injury, and has pulled out of both the IPL and England's Vitality Blast last month. With this, Khan becomes the first USA player to feature in the tournament.
READ: How coronavirus cut-short Ali Khan’s PSL homecoming
A part of the Trinbago Knight Riders - the CPL franchise with the same parent company as KKR - Khan played a key role in helping the side win the tournament. He was on KKR's radar as a standby player last season as well. This CPL season, he took eight wickets in eight matches.
Latest on Sportstar
- Jabeur upset with fans reselling tickets due to women’s match in night session
- Nkunku stars as Leipzig retains German Cup with 2-0 win over Frankfurt
- Stokes downplays fitness concerns, set to bowl in Ashes
- On court of pain, Zverev rediscovers his joie de vivre in Paris
- Spectator dies from fall during River Plate match