Anrich Nortje and Sisanda Magala have failed to clear the fitness test as South Africa continues to battle injury woes ahead of the 2023 World Cup.
While Nortje was named in the initial 15-member squad, both players failed to recover after the home series against Australia.
Nortje had missed the first ODI against Australia after being rested through the T20I series. He returned for the second ODI but bowled only five overs.
Andile Phehlukwayo and Lizaad Williams have been roped in as replacements for the injured pacers.
The pace attack is still heavily packed with five pacers led by Kagiso Rabada. Marco Jansen, Lungi Ngidi and Gerald Coetzee are the other quicks in the squad.
South Africa departs for India on Saturday and will begin its World Cup campaign against Sri Lanka in Delhi on 7 October.
South Africa’s updated squad: Temba Bavuma (c), Gerald Coetzee, Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen, Lizaad Williams.
- NZ vs AFG, World Cup 2023: Afghanistan coach Trott admits dropped catches let New Zealand off the hook
- IND vs BAN, World Cup 2023: Shanto calls Kohli ‘wide’ delivery unintentional, blames poor batting for loss
- Formula One drivers risk million euro fines after rule change
- Harden skips 76ers practice for second day over dispute with the franchise, Coach Nurse says ‘unlikely’ he’ll play in preseason finale
- NBA 2023-24: Denver Nuggets eyes repeat from the West as revamped Celtics and Bucks favoured in East this season