Pakistan claimed the No.1 spot in the ODI team rankings after beating Afghanistan by 59 runs in the third One-Day International at the R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo on Saturday.
The Babar Azam-led side swept Afghanistan 3-0 in the three-match series and toppled Australia to claim the top spot. Archrival India is ranked third.
Pakistan has won eight of its 11 ODI matches this year. It lost to New Zealand 1-2 at home before bouncing back to beat the Black Caps 4-1.
The top ranking in ODIs will come as a confidence booster for Pakistan ahead of the Asia Cup, which begins later this month, and the ODI World Cup, scheduled to be held in India in October-November.
Pakistan is ranked fourth and sixth in T20Is and Tests, respectively.
- Chennaiyin FC vs East Bengal LIVE Score, ISL 2023-24 updates: Abu Saeed header goes wide; CFC vs EB streaming info
- China Masters 2023 Semifinal LIVE Updates: Satwik-Chirag duo wins first game vs China’s He-Ren
- Wrestling squad selection for Paris Olympics: Two-step process to pick wrestlers, Antim to compete against Challenger
- Manchester City vs Liverpool LIVE Updates, Premier League: Lineups out, Haaland starts despite injury scare
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 HIGHLIGHTS, Round 2: Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh register wins; Mumbai beats Kerala